Ground Rules & Competition
1. The race is open to all Cub Scouts registered in this Pack. Siblings and friends may also enter in a seperate division. Leaders and parents will make up the third division.
2. Each scout/sibling may enter only one car in the competition. Several cars may be constructed but only one may be registered and raced.
3. The car must have been built during the current year (the school year in which the Derby is held). Cars that have competed in a previous Derby are not permitted.
4. Competition will consist of a full track of cars for each race. (We have a three lane track.) The competition committee will determine how to race the cars in the fairest manner possible to determine the fastest cars.
5. If a car jumps the track, the race will be run again. If the same car jumps the track a second time, that car will automatically lose that race.
6. If a car leaves its lane and interferes with another car, the race will be run again. If the same car leaves its lane a second time and interferes with another car, the interfering car will automatically lose that race.
7. If a car becomes damaged and can be repaired in a reasonable amount of time (a few minutes), the race will be run again. If not, the damaged car will automatically lose that race.
8. Only race officials and scouts participating in the current race may enter the track area. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please help to keep the boys and siblings inside the marked areas.
The Sonoran Sunset District rules are the official rules we follow for a legally constructed race car. This is so we may attend our district race and send our winners to compete without worry of disqualification.